Help Desk Support Technician / Technology Specialist
Id : 7312
Location/City : IL - Bolingbrook
Category : Full-Time Employment
Title: Help Desk Support Technician / Technology Specialist
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Responsible for answering, commenting and replying to help desk inquiries. Help desk is the first level of support, and response for internal clients. Help desk technical support is responsible for first response in answering, commenting, documenting and replying to open incidents in the help desk. Strong aptitude in O.S. Repairs, Spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, troubleshoot, upgrades. Sets up and operate computer and peripherals for requesting clients. Work requires knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run computer systems.
- Respond to users for all hardware & software problems on system platforms.
- Perform equipment configuration on various systems and devices.
- Participate in the development and administration of workflow processes.
- Maintain hardware inventory information.
- Consistent use of Lansweeper system to open helpdesk tickets, provide metrics, and identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide follow-up calls and document status to ensure satisfactory issue resolution and excellent customer service.
- Assist in the maintenance of system hardware inventory modules, the distribution of reports, and the uploading of inventory information.
- Work with application vendor to provide resolution to issues our users' experience. These must be documented.
- Redirect problems to the appropriate personnel. Escalate as appropriate.
- Make recommendations to improve product and service support capabilities.
- Sets and loads computer equipment with required items and prepares computer equipment for operation. Trains clients on systems.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential task as assigned.
- Document systems and processes.
- Office work as assigned.
- Other task assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant technical experience
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, spy ware and virus removal, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of computer logic in order to perform task listed under principal duties, and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of methodology to run computer systems and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7 & 8, 10, iOS and Android.
- Advanced hardware knowledge of Dell systems, Samsung tablets, Apple tablets, Printers/Copiers, Scanners, barcode equipment and a variety of cell phones.
- Knowledge of Symantec, LANSweeper, Adobe Products, Microsoft Office, ACT, Exchange.
- Strong familiarity with networking fundamentals.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of client VPNs, Active Directory, File and folder structures.
- Great customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities, tight timelines, and a fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner, with effective problem solving skills with the ability to find solutions.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to keep track of multiple projects and issues.
- Travel between locations will be required (Bolingbrook, IL and South Holland, IL)